Title: Compliance Officer
Location: UK Remote Working
Here at Avado, we believe in unlocking potential and changing lives. We are a professional academy that helps people and companies transform and grow through interactive learning experiences in data, finance, people, technology and marketing. Our connected learning approach combines deep expertise, collaborative learning, scalable technology and award-winning learning design to deliver learner experiences for people who want real change.
Who we need
Keith Harvey, our diligent and dedicated Head of Risk & Compliance with a keen eye for detail and a strong service mindset is looking for someone who wants to focus on all facets of our compliance agenda covering both our Consumer and Commercial customer segments across all channels and in all markets.
What you’ll do
- The handling of any escalated queries or complaints, relating to any financial difficulties, course suitability, learning activities, or membership and examinations.
- Investigating and responding to customer complaints/enquiries in writing on behalf of the business to a third party such as: Citizens Advice, Financial Ombudsman, FCA, ESFA, Ofsted, Trading Standards and Solicitor Letters.
- Carrying out a second line internal audit, against an agreed criterion for all communications and keeping the audit process and scripting up to date.
- Compiling scoring data for review.
- Conducting regular reviews of our customer and learner journey to ensure that all areas are monitored.
- Conducting regular security checks and internal procedural audits to identify and resolve security risks/process weakness.
- Working with the Group Risk and Compliance Manager to support
internal and external stakeholders with the completion of
client/supplier assessment forms and contract reviews.
- Keeping yourself up to date with relevant changes relating to
products & courses.
What we’re looking for
- A proactive and positive approach whilst providing exceptional customer service.
- A passion for online education, new technologies and is looking for an exciting new challenge.
- Experience investigating, handling and resolving customer complaints and or complex inquiries (written and verbally) is desirable.
- Personal experience working within a regulated sector such as credit control, sales & service or any other target driven environment requiring strong negotiation skills and attention to detail is desirable.
- Experience in the education or training sector is advantageous bus not essential.
- Working with CRM databases is advantageous but not essential.
And… just for being here, we offer you a culture that’s created and nurtured by super smart people and underpinned by our Values. Our Values of Accountability, Ambition, Care, Empowerment and Transparency were created for our people, by our people; they guide our thinking, decisions and actions, creating a truly unique place to work. You will also get a chance to be at the forefront of digital transformation and professional growth, enviable workspaces, serious personal development opportunity and a few nice job-related and lifestyle perks.
What you’ll get
Lots of benefits including:
- Holidays – 34 days (25 days plus 8 bank public holidays plus birthday off)
- Wellness and fitness (Mindfulness and yoga)
- Life assurance
- Ride to work scheme
- Great work life balance through flexible working/remote working
- Avado Learning Days
A few more things about us
- We’re proud of what we’re doing and relentless in doing the right thing. In addition to this, we can offer you:
- A home in our growing, ambitious team, whose sharp focus is growing the future skills of the workplace;
- The opportunity to truly own and be responsible for making great things happen, making a real difference and working with some of the world’s leading brands;
- A fast and furious, exciting place to be with real challenge and a meaningful opportunity
And we’re highly inclusive….
Avado is one of those rare places where anyone from anywhere with any background or experience is free to come and do their very best work. We believe in the diversity of thought, as that’s what helps us help our customers and learners – whether investing in their own development, or having their employer invest for them. Equality, diversity and inclusion are values that are critical to our success; come and see for yourself.