- Bachelor's degree, LLB degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in private practice or in-house team in the UK.
- Qualified Solicitor.
- Experience in negotiating, drafting, and advising clients on technology and media-related agreements, including multi-jurisdictional arrangements.
- Experience advising on media and technology issues.
- Knowledge of contract, media, content regulation, and IP law in a technology context.
- Ability to work effectively across different business functions (e.g., product, engineering, supply chain, marketing, finance, compliance, HR) and lines of business (e.g., sales channels, developer program, international markets).
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure and with an analytical approach.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic and creative thinking.
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
As an Associate Legal Counsel for YouTube Product and Commercial, you will advise on the non-music commercial, product, and regulatory matters impacting YouTube in EMEA.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for working with some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you address unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Analyze local legal developments and upcoming legislation in order to advise Legal, Policy, and other cross-functional colleagues on the implications for YouTube products and features.
- Advise business clients, as well as Finance, Product, and other company colleagues on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, company policies and procedures, and business strategy.
- Review, draft, and negotiate content hosting and IP licences and a wide range of technology, content, and marketing agreements.
- Develop expertise in the relevant Google products, including YouTube, and build strong relationships with legal and cross-functional colleagues in our various EMEA offices, the US, and other regions.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.