Alfred Minto House is a well-established specialist residential service that works with ten men with mental health difficulties and forensic histories. We aim to support individuals to continue their journey of recovery in a community setting.
Shift patterns run from 21:45pm to 8:15am, you will be required to work alternate weekends. Rotas are completed two months in advance. You will receive time allocated for regular supervision and attendance at team meetings, as well as training and career development opportunities.
Additional day shifts may also be available.
Join our friendly team who raise the bar for person-centred support. We provide a range of recovery focused support through key working sessions, activities, one to one sessions and group work. Empowering people to make positive life choices and decisions, your person centred, compassionate, non-judgemental approach will guide individuals on their recovery journey.
As a Recovery Worker you will be responsible for supporting project workers with their caseload, assisting with risk assessments, administering medicine and assisting in the care and support planning process. In a role where no two days are the same, you will engage with our clients through group work and activities, providing individual support and enabling people to make informed choices about their future.
The Ideal Candidate
You'll need previous relevant experience of using a person centred approach in a mental health setting and a good understanding of the complex needs of individuals we support You must be capable of prioritising your own workload and using your initiative. Experience of working with individuals who have forensic histories would be an advantage, yet not essential provided you have had experience in a mental health setting. An effective team player, you will possess good communication skills, a flexible recovery focussed approach, a positive attitude and be able to adapt in a changeable environment.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision - and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job - we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career - we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future - we're proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days' paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further - including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You'll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service - free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more - all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues' inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.